Natural gas prices rose 12 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.64/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $4.47 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $62.73.
- Brent crude oil rose $4.44 and currently priced at $66.19.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $20.11 and Brent crude was at $21.74.
- As of Wednesday, April 14, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.78 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were down 1 cent from last week’s price and $1.23 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.86, down 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.02.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.25 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 6 cents less than the national average of $3.08.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 9 cents and is currently priced at $1.94.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.92 for U87-E10, $2.14 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $1.97 for ULSD#2, $2.12 for ULSD#1, and $2.03 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 12 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.64/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!