PAGE TITLE

Lower crop values, uncertain yields slow land price climb

Uncertainty about yields and de­­clining crop prices are slowing the inflation of Iowa farmland values, according to a new survey released last week.

Cropland values increased 1.2 percent in the six-month period from March to September, according to a survey by the Iowa Chapter of the Realtors Land In­­stitute (RLI). Cropland values had increased 9.4 percent in the previous six months, totaling a 10.6 percent increase since September 2012, the RLI survey showed.

"We are starting to see a softening of the market, primarily due to...




Members Only Content

Join Iowa Farm Bureau or login to view all members only content and receive other member benefits.