The Iowa Transportation Commission will hold its next business on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. While the Commission will meet in person at the Iowa DOT complex in Ames, public participation will be limited to conference call or Skype. This is to assure adequate social distancing measures can be accommodated.
Business meeting agenda Tuesday, July 14, 2020
*Election of Commission Officers
*Approve Minutes of the
June 9, 2020, Commission Meeting
DOT Staff Comments
*Transfer of Jurisdiction – Portions of Iowa 17 from Iowa DOT to Boone County
Mitchell J. Dillavou, Director,
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Informal workshop session
The Commission will meet informally with staff from the Iowa DOT Tuesday, July 14, in person and via conference call beginning at 9:30 a.m. In order to assure adequate social distancing, public participation in the workshop will be limited to conference call or Skype. The following transportation-related matters may be discussed, but no action will be taken during the meeting. The items are listed in no particular order and may be discussed at any point during the workshop.
- Commission input
- Director’s welcome
- Review of Commission Guidebook
- COVID-19 Transportation Funding Impact Update
- 2020 Highway Program balance report
- August Commission Tour Discussion
- Transfer of Jurisdiction – Portions of Iowa 17 from Iowa DOT to Boone County
- Public Transit Infrastructure Grant Program Funding Recommendations (Following the workshop, the recommendations can be viewed at https://iowadot.gov/transit/funding-programs-and-applications/funding-programs)
- State Aviation Program Recommendation (Following the workshop, the recommendations can be viewed at https://iowadot.gov/aviation/airport-managers-and-sponsors/State-Funding/state-funding-programs)
- Commercial Service Vertical Infrastructure
- General Aviation Vertical Infrastructure
- Airport Improvement Program
- Iowa Public Transit Long-Range Plan – Public Input and Final Plan
There are two ways to listen to the Iowa Transportation Commission’s informal workshop session or business meeting or public input session when scheduled. The broadcast feed and phone lines are active 15 minutes prior to each meeting or session and discontinued immediately after a meeting ends.
Live audio and some presentation materials will be available via the Skype meeting link.
For those who wish to only join via audio, dial 515-817-6093 and use conference ID 88926242
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!