Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture): Week of November 21
Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 7 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.98.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.97 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $81.12.
- Brent crude oil fell $3.77 and currently priced at $88.65.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $76.75 and Brent crude was at $80.97.
- As of Tuesday, November 22, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.38 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 12 cents from last week’s price and $.23 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.64 down 10 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 7 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.98.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.45 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 31 cents less than the national average of $5.29.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.04 for U87-E10, $2.38 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.42 for ULSD#2, $4.72 for ULSD#1, and $2.47 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 81 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $6.65/MMbtu
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!