Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship): Week of September 10
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 34 cents, averaging $3.92 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.61 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $88.98.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.73 and is currently priced at $92.25.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $87.31 and Brent crude was at $92.04.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.92 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 34 cents from last week’s price and are up 51 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.85, up 5 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $4.27.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $4.86 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 24 cents less than the national average of $4.51.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.97 for U87-E10, $3.49 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.39 for ULSD#2, $3.89 for ULSD#1, and $2.64 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 23 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.76/MMbtu
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!