Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship): Week of March 27
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 8 cents, averaging $3.27 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.55 per barrel and is currently priced at $73.98.
- Brent crude oil rose $2.12 and is currently priced at $79.33.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $104.24 and Brent crude was at $112.79.
- As of Wednesday, March 29, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.27 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 8 cents from last week’s price and is 62 cents lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.46, up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were steady this week with a statewide average of $3.87.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $4.82 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 37 cents less than the national average of $4.24.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.46 for U87-E10, $2.82 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.82 for ULSD#2, $3.27 for ULSD#1, and $2.48 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices rose 1 cent with a statewide average of $1.92 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell 2 cents, with a statewide average of $3.34 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell 11 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.15/MMbtu
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!