Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship): Week of January 30
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 1 cent, averaging $3.34 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.29 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $78.72.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.79 and is currently priced at $84.99.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $88.20 and Brent crude was at $90.24.
- As of Wednesday, February 1, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.34 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 1 cent from last week’s price and are 15 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.50 up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $4.29.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.55 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 39 cents less than the national average of $4.68.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.48 for U87-E10, $2.85 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.15 for ULSD#2, $3.79 for ULSD#1, and $2.37 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were steady with a statewide average of $1.94 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell 6 cents, with a statewide average of $3.71 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell $.39 at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.57/MMbtu.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!