Fuel & Energy Price Update (Courtesy of the Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship): Week of January 16
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 7 cents, averaging $3.22 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $5.39 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $81.74.
- Brent crude oil rose $5.87 and is currently priced at $87.27.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $85.43 and Brent crude was at $88.83.
- As of Wednesday, January 18, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.22 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 7 cents from last week’s price and 10 cents higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.36, up 9 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were up 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $4.21.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.41 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 40 cents less than the national average of $4.61.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.43 for U87-E10, $2.80 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.14 for ULSD#2, $3.97 for ULSD#1, and $2.40 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were up 1 cent with a statewide average of $1.94 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose 10 cents, with a statewide average of $3.60 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices fell $.09 at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.37/MMbtu
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!