Free webinar on appealing property tax assessments
A free online presentation by the Iowa Property Assessment Appeal Board (PAAB) will provide an overview of the process for protesting a residential or commercial property tax assessment. The April 12 webinar is scheduled from 12-1:00 pm.
Assessments can be appealed through April 30. Property taxes using these assessments will be due on September 1, 2024, and will be based on the local government budgets adopted in the spring of 2024. The property tax levy rates set by local governments in 2024 will in large part determine the amount of the actual property tax increases.
Topics covered in the webinar will include:
- Basics of property assessment
- Understanding assessment listings and valuation
- Requesting an informal assessment review from the assessor
- Filing a protest with the local board of review
- Overview of main grounds for protesting assessments
- Options for appealing board of review decision
Please register to receive the Zoom link to participate in the webinar. Register at this link.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!