2019 Iowa Farm Bureau Young Farmer Ag Insights Tour
2019 Iowa Farm Bureau Young Farmer Ag Insights Tour, Friday and Saturday June 21 & 22, 2019
Join other young farmers on fun & educational tours of ag sites in the Kansas City area!
Plans and tours include (Please click here for the full itinerary):
- Cultivate Kansas City, Juniper Gardens Training Farm & Westport Commons Farm: encourages awareness of the benefits of urban agriculture and an urban farm in the heart of midtown Kansas City that includes diverse communities.
- Group Lunch at The Sundry restaurant in Kansas City.
- Logistics Park Kansas City Intermodal Facility. BNSF Railway’s newest state-of-the-art facility ideally located in the nation’s heartland
- The DeLong Company accepts local crops from the fall harvest and the export facility provides a logistical solution to bring local ag products to global markets
- Coldpoint Logistics offers a temperature-controlled storage facility close to where animal protein is produced, with an innovative way to export to foreign markets.
- Overnight stay at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, situated just a short walk from the exciting Power & Light District. Evening is free for dinner and exploring KC.
- The Roasterie Factory Tour includes the coffee roasting and blending processes, a behind the scenes look at the factory and a manual coffee brewing demonstration.
- Ingredion, a leading global ingredients solutions company including sweeteners, starches, nutrition ingredients and biomaterials used in everyday products from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals
To register for the trip, click the button below. Registration Deadline: May 31Register now
The 56 passenger motorcoach will begin at IFBF Headquarters in West Des Moines in the early morning of June 21.
Participant fee is only $110 per person; spouses are encouraged to participate. Fee includes hotel room, transportation and a group meal. Preference will be given to first time young farmer tour participants.
Participant Comments from Iowa Farm Bureau Young Farmer tours:
- Each portion of the trip was interesting and varied. Something for everyone.
- Very nice to just get away and do something farming related.
- Great to meet people from all over the state….
- Really like the organization of the trip . . both educational & good networking.
- Great trip overall.
- It was a very informative and exciting trip.
For more information, Ed Kordick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!