"Take Root" Farm Continuation Workshops: Sioux County
Iowa Farm Bureau’s "Take Root" program helps farmers develop a comprehensive, managed approach for their family farm’s continuation and growth from the roots up – helping ensure that what you’re doing today will create an enduring legacy for future generations.
What will I learn?
Through our Take Root workshops, we examine real-life success stories from Iowa farm families and help you develop strategies to grow your business and secure farm assets for future generations. Take Root is not your typical farm succession meeting; it is the beginning of a process to help you develop a long-term work plan that will help you start, grow and improve your farm operation while meeting your business and family goals - whether you have been farming for years or just getting started.
The program consists of two 3-hour evening workshops set up to accommodate busy farm schedules.
Workshop 1: Strengthen and Secure Your Farm's Future
- Getting the conversation started
- Family communication and business issues
- Fair vs. equal among heirs
- Generational differences and needs
- Preparing for and conducting family meetings to discuss farm succession
- Tools and strategies for transferring wealth and assets, while minimizing the estate and income tax impact
- Estate planning concepts
- Organizing and inventorying farm and estate assets
- 24/7 online resources for creating your very own succession plan
- Representing your vision with farm advisors
- Asking the right questions to get valuable information
- Interact with a panel of Farm Business Advisors in a dialogue for issues including estate, tax and financial planning, leases and tenant qualities, and beginning farmer opportunities
When and where are the next workshops near me?
Terrace View Event Center, 230 St. Andrews Way, Sioux Center, IA 51250
Workshop 1: Strengthen and Secure Your Farm’s Future: Thursday, January 12, 6:00pm
Workshop 2: Build Your Farm Succession Advisory Team: Thursday, February 16, 6:00pm
How do I register?
To register, call the Sioux County Farm Bureau at 1(712)737-4980
The program is FREE to all Iowa Farm Bureau members. The fee for non-members is $55 per couple/family.
For more information about the Take Root program, click here or contact Iowa Farm Bureau Farm Business Development Manager Amanda Van Steenwyk: email@example.com, (515) 225-5494.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!