In an effort to continue to provide services to Iowans in a safe manner during the COVID-19 outbreak, the Iowa Department of Transportation is increasing the number of services provided by appointment. Customers wishing to do business related to vehicle and motor carrier services offered at our Ankeny location, 6310 SE Convenience Blvd, should now make an appointment online to do so.
Services available by appointment in Ankeny include:
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
- Intrastate Travel Authority
- Prorate titles for commercial vehicles
- Oversize/overweight permits
- Persons with disabilities placards and license plate stickers
- Official titles
- Bonded title applications
- Dealer license applications
- Personalized/specialty license plates
- Vehicle record requests
There is also a dropbox available for those who wish to make payments.
NOTE: Title and registration applications and registration renewals for individuals and businesses are handled directly by county treasurer offices. Many locations are closed or are not conducting business as usual. It is suggested that you contact the location you plan to visit before making the trip
When you arrive for your appointment, please be aware of the following:
- You will be asked a series of questions to evaluate your risk of exposure to COVID-19 and exposure to others being served. If it is determined that there may be a heightened risk for you to be served, you will be asked to delay services to a later date.
- Staff will be monitoring the number of customers waiting for services inside the facility to encourage social distancing guidance provided by the CDC. Customers may be asked to wait in their vehicles or come back at another time if service areas become crowded.
- For your health and safety, high-touch areas are being regularly cleaned with disinfectants to reduce the chance of contamination.
The Iowa DOT maintains a wide range of services online. Please check those resources at www.iowadot.gov first before you schedule an appointment.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!