Iowa DOT Commission Meeting December 8 in Ames
The Iowa Transportation Commission will hold its next business meeting Tuesday, Dec. 8, in the Materials Conference Room at the Iowa Department of Transportation’s headquarters at 800 Lincoln Way in Ames.
Business meeting agenda
*Approve Minutes of the
*Administrative Rules: 761 IAC 602, 604, 605, and 607
*Fiscal Year 2017 Traffic Safety Improvement Projects
*Calendar Year 2016 Intercity Bus Program
*Federal Fiscal Year 2015 Transit Program (vehicle replacement)
*Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economy (RISE) Application – Jefferson County and city of Fairfield (delegation)
Informal workshop sessions
The Commission will meet informally with staff from the Iowa DOT Tuesday, Dec. 8, at 9:30 a.m. in the Materials Conference Room at the Iowa DOT’s headquarters in Ames. The following transportation-related matters may be discussed, but no action will be taken during the workshop sessions. The items are listed in no particular order and may be discussed at any point during the workshop.
- Commission input
-Public input meetings
-Five-Year Program workshops
- Administrative Rules
-Chapter 602: Classes of Driver’s Licenses
-Chapter 604: License Examination
-Chapter 605: License Issuance
-Chapter 607: Commercial Driver Licensing
- 2016 Highway Program balance report
- Potential 2016 Commission tour locations
- Public transit programs (The program recommendations were discussed at the November workshop and can be viewed online at iowadot.gov/transit/.)
-Calendar Year (CY) 2016 Intercity Bus Program
-Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2015 Transit Program (vehicle replacement)
- FY 2017 Traffic Safety Improvement Program projects (The program recommendations were discussed at the November workshop and can be viewed online at iowadot.gov/tsip.htm.)
- RISE project
-Jefferson County and city of Fairfield Local Development
- Iowa’s Clean Air Attainment Program funding recommendations (The recommendations can be viewed online after the workshop at iowadot.gov/systems_planning/icaap.htm.)
- Statewide Transportation Alternatives program funding recommendations (The recommendations can be viewed online after the workshop at iowadot.gov/systems_planning/trans_enhance.htm.)
- Federal Recreational Trails Program funding recommendations (The recommendations can be viewed online after the workshop at iowadot.gov/systems_planning/fedstate_rectrails.htm.)
- FY 2017 Iowa DOT budget presentation
- Legislative proposal
- RISE overview/delegation options
Editor’s note: There are two ways to listen to the Iowa Transportation Commission’s informal workshop session and the business meeting. The broadcast feed and phone lines are active 15 minutes prior to each of the two meetings and discontinued immediately after a meeting ends.
- Live audio streaming and some PowerPoint presentations will be available online atiowadeptoftransport.adobeconnect.com/iowa_dot_commission_meeting/.
- Call 866-685-1580 and enter access code 0009990545.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!