Consolidating County Services Overview
A county may combine county offices or functions through a petition and vote. Consolidation occurs most often for tax savings and cost-efficiency purposes.
Iowa law allows a county to combine any of the following county offices or employees:
- Medical Examiner
- General Assistance Director
- County Care Facility Administrator
- Commission on Veteran Affairs
- Director of Social Welfare
- County Assessor
- County Weed Commissioner
* indicates the offices which are elected by a...