2017 Iowa Farm Bureau Young Farmer Ag Insights Tour, Thursday and Friday, June 29 & 30, 2017
Join other young farmers on fun & educational tours of ag sites in the St. Louis area!Plans and tours include (Please click here for the full itinerary):
- Bus stops in West Des Moines, Iowa City and Mount Pleasant to pick up more member in route.
- Mississippi River Melvin Price Locks & Dams and National Great Rivers Museum, Alton, IL
- Evening free to sightsee and overnight accommodations at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch.
- Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St. Louis
- Chesterfield Village Research Center (Monsanto), Chesterfield, MO
- Purina Animal Nutrition Center, Gray Summit, MO
To register for the trip, click the button below. Registration Deadline: May 19Register now
The 56 passenger motorcoach will begin at IFBF Headquarters in West Des Moines in the early morning of June 29 (members a long distance from WDM may stay at nearby hotel the night before – contact us if you are interested). The trip is organized by the IFBF Research and Commodity Services Division in cooperation with the IFBF Young Farmer Advisory Committee.
For convenience, stops are planned in the Iowa City area and Mount Pleasant to pick up more member in route. Overnight parking of vehicles will be available at those sites.
Participant fee is only $90 per person; spouses are encouraged to participate.Participant Comments from recent Farm Bureau Young Farmer tours:
- Each portion of the trip was interesting and varied. Something for everyone.
- Very nice to just get away and do something farming related.
- Great to meet people from all over the state….
- Really like the organization of the trip . . both educational & good networking.
- Great trip overall.
- It was a very informative and exciting trip.
For more information, Ed Kordick, email@example.com