Farmers, landowners and Iowans with farm ties, face many risk management
enrollment decisions in the 2014 Farm Bill. With enrollment deadlines
approaching and more choices and more decision options available than
ever before, the Iowa Farm Bureau is offering free informational
meetings to help Iowans navigate their options.
All program enrollment decisions will be binding for the duration of the five-year farm bill, so it's critical that farmers have a clear understanding of the options available and what best fits their farming operation.
What sets this informational meeting apart from other farm bill meetings?
- You'll learn about the differences in the Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) programs.
- Geographical contrasts and why the location of your farm may make a difference in your decision.
- We'll help you visualize how each program selection impacts different risk management objectives.
- You'll get an in-depth understanding of how risk management results change over time and with market viewpoint.
- Learn about important decision tools that are available and how to access them.
- Gain a better understanding of the various programs through practical, real-life examples that will help you in your decision making process.
The material included is intended to be support material and information to assist in making farm bill decisions. Attendance at local meetings is encouraged to get additional information. Material here should be used as a guide and each program participant should make their own decision after consulting information and using available decision tools.