Tiny Taco Beef Tarts
- 12 ounces ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, sliced grape or cherry tomatoes, guacamole, low-fat dairy sour cream, sliced ripe olives (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Add taco sauce, cumin, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
Place phyllo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly into shells. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until shells are crisp and cheese is melted.
Top tarts with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and olives, as desired.
Return to The Iowa Dish