The average price of gasoline in Iowa rose 4 cents this week, currently at $1.92 per gallon.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.45 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $36.84.
- Brent crude oil rose $4.37 and currently priced at $39.55.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $53.48 and Brent crude was at $63.56.
- As of Thursday, June 4, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $1.92 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose $.04 from last week’s price and $.74 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $1.99 up $.03 from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell $.01 this week with a statewide average of $2.13.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.98 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.28 less than the national average of $2.41.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.05, currently at $1.17.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.11 for U87-E10, $1.23 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.07, ULSD#1 is at $1.21, and E-70 priced at $1.26 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.11 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $1.80/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!