Natural gas prices rose 23 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.94/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $4.88 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $70.27.
- Brent crude oil fell $4.36 and currently priced at $72.15.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $41.96 and Brent crude was at $44.31.
- As of Wednesday, July 21, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.00 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were steady from last week’s price and $.92 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.16, up 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa were up 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.12.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.22 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 15 cents less than the national average of $3.27.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.32.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.03 for U87-E10, $2.32 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.10 for ULSD#2, $2.26 for ULSD#1, and $2.25 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 23 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.94/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.