The price of natural gas dropped $.17 this week, closing at $2.30/MMbtu.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.75 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $56.96.
- Brent crude oil fell $2.41 and is currently priced at $63.92.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $68.08 and Brent crude was at $70.87.
- As of Tuesday, July 16, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.63 across Iowa according to AAA.
- This is $.04 higher than last week and $.10 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Tuesday was $2.79, $.04 higher than last week’s price.
- Retail diesel fuel prices in Iowa were $.01 lower than last week’s price with a statewide average of $2.88.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.10 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is $.13 less than the national average of $3.01.
- Wholesale ethanol prices rose $.03 from last week’s price, currently at $1.52.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.83 for U87-E10, $2.08 for Unleaded 87 (clear), ULSD#2 is at $1.91, ULSD#1 is at $2.21, and E-70 is priced at $1.69 per gallon.
- Natural Gas prices fell $.17 at the Henry Hub reporting site and currently priced at $2.30/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!