Wholesale ethanol rose 22 cents and is currently priced at $2.16.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.83 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $61.90.
- Brent crude oil fell $.29 and currently priced at $65.90.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $10.01 and Brent crude was at $9.12.
- As of Wednesday, April 21, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $2.79 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices were up 1 cent from last week’s price and $1.29 higher than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $2.88, up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa held steady this week with a statewide average of $3.02.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $2.23 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 6 cents less than the national average of $3.08.
- Wholesale ethanol rose 22 cents and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $1.95 for U87-E10, $2.16 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.02 for ULSD#2, $2.18 for ULSD#1, and $2.18 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 4 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.68/MMbtu.
- Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Want more news on this topic? Iowa Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!